Monday, May 18, 2015

Girls on the Town: Friday Night with Sarah!

Leave a Comment
This past weekend I managed to complete my assignments for coming week while still making time for a night of fun with Sarah, my roommate! We worked ALL morning and ALL afternoon before leaving for a fun Friday night in Meyong dong and Hongdae. :)

First, we shopped around Meyong dong for clothes and cosmetics. I bought a really cute summer shirt from H&M, and I loved buying new products from my favorite Korean cosmetics store, Nature Republic! I bought a Jeju clay sparkling mud cleansing cream and the Jeju mask foam cleanser, along with the Hawaiian fresh clay pack. (Maybe I will start writing a review of my FAVORITE products from Nature Republic, since I have tried so many!) We also went to the CD shop on the 3rd floor of the Nature Republic store near the Meyong dong subway exit #6.

After all the shopping, we got tired and decided to go get dinner in Hongdae, but before leaving I bought a few strawberry mochi on the street, and IT WAS SO GOOD. For those of you who enjoy red bean and strawberries, I highly recommend this street food treat! Basically, it is rice mochi with red bean paste wrapped around a strawberry...so so so so so good.

After shopping, we went to the Ugly Stove in Hongdae, and we had a great time drinking our Coronas and enjoying our steak dinners. We even splurged and had some cake for dessert: carrot cake for me, and a tiramisu for Sarah. I can't speak on the deliciousness of the tiramisu, but I can say that the carrot cake was just OK. It was missing that luscious taste...missing the delicious creamy taste somehow, and the cake was a little dry (so THAT'S why it had a scoop of ice cream on top...).



It was a great night of fun, and I'm so glad that my roommate is such a fun, nice, and all around great person and activity partner. Sometimes it's hard to find time to go out and do things during the end of the semester, but I think it's really important to work hard and take a break for fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment