Monday, October 6, 2014

Biking Along The Han River

Leave a Comment


This post is way over due! Last month, I biked along the Han River with friends...it was way more fun than I expected! We went to the Ewha Subway Station and took line 2 to Hapjeong Station. I used this blog post to decide how to get to the Han River, but when we got out of Hapjeong Station, we still had to walk a few miles before even getting to the Han. Then there was even more walking trying to find the bike rental place...next time, I will try another method of getting to the Han River. I don't suggest taking line 2 to Hapjeong if you can't handle very much walking.

When we finally got our bikes, it was such a great feeling. After all the walking, riding with the cool wind in your face felt great.The day we rode, the sun was overcast, so it felt very nice and cool. It is hard for me to believe that I have not ridden a bike in nearly 7 years. Time really, really flies!

The bike trails at the Han River were nice, but there was not much to see along certain paths. As expected, everyone biked on the right side of the road, and people would pass by in the opposite direction on the left. There is a nice view of the Han River while riding along the main path, though, and there are places to stop biking to walk along the river. There are also rest stops along the biking roads where you can stop and take a rest.


After riding on my bike for a long time, we stopped, and I was able to try riding on a tandem! The tandem is so much fun when you get used to it. I have a picture on the tandem with my tall friend, Juha, but I had to switch partners so I could ride in the front (he was too tall for me to sit in the front because his handlebars were too low because of my height). Thankfully, there was another friend who rode with me on the tandem. We were probably going way too fast, but it was so cool to pedal in sync with another person.

After biking for a little over an hour, we decided to get lunch in Sinchon. We took the subway back, and we ate at an all you can eat Korean BBQ restaurant. Biking the Han River with friends is definitely a must-do experience for anyone who visits South Korea! That day was definitely a day I'll remember long after leaving Seoul...


0 comments:

Post a Comment