Friday, May 8, 2015

Delicious Thai food in Sinchon: Bangkok Express!

Leave a Comment

Recently, my friend Henry introduced me to a  wonderful Thai and Vietnamese restaurant in Sinchon! It is hidden in a little side street near the main road, and it is becoming a really really popular eating spot. The wait can be long during peak dining hours, but the wait is usually worth it if you really desire the Thai flavors.

Carley's Pho
Henry, Carley, and I went not too long ago and feasted! We tried pad Thai (6,500 won for one order), Carley got some pho (6,500 won), and I ordered the tom yum soup (8,000 won). The flavors really surprised me. I have tried some not-so-good Thai and Vietnamese food in Korea previously, and so I really enjoyed the flavors tasting less Korean.


I liked that the pad Thai wasn't overly sweet, and that it came with egg, peanut, bean sprouts, and a lemon wedge (though I usually get lime wedges in the US). The tom yum soup was also quite tasty and spicy, and it came with a good number of shrimp in it. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that the soup had a lot of inedible lemon grass and bay leaves in it. I didn't taste Carley's pho, but she really enjoyed it. It was HUGE and had tons of beef!



My Tom Yum soup
Pad Thai

0 comments:

Post a Comment