Monday, May 11, 2015

Ewha Graduate Dorm Gym

Leave a Comment

I usually work out in the Ewha Graduate Student Dormitory gym in the evenings. Though it is small, it still has quite a few treadmills, cycling machines, yoga mats, water tank, scales (only measuring weight in kg) barbell, and other various weight training machines. There is also a couple sets of 3lb hand weights to use. The gym is open 24/7, though it is closed during the times the yoga classes take place twice a week (from 6pm-7pm?).

I usually do my INSANITY workout DVDs in a small space in the middle of the room. I really like that there is a mirror along one side of the gym. I like being able to watch myself at times to make sure I am executing movements safely and healthily. This mirror also comes in handy when using the barbell for various barbell squats. The only issue I have with this gym is the fact that international male students sometimes come in and hog dumbbells and the barbell. Uggg!!! 



The ECC (Ewha Campus Complex building) has a gym with more running and cycling machines, but you have to pay about 40,000 won per month for membership. I just made this free gym work for me. But if you are more into machines for your exercise time, maybe consider the gym in the ECC, especially if you are really dedicated. I've seen the machines fill up so fast, especially beginning around 9pm every night excluding Friday and Saturday.




0 comments:

Post a Comment