Monday, December 29, 2014

I'll Be Home for Christmas: Home for Winter Break!

Leave a Comment


This past semester at Ewha has been such an incredible experience. I learned so much about Korean and Chinese history and politics in my classes, and I am so happy with my progress in the Korean language after completing the Ewha Language Center's Korean 1a and 1b program. Now I am back in Atlanta enjoying the Christmas holidays with my family...a well-deserved break!

My grades this semester were good, though I was scared about a couple of classes, Korean being one of them. I was put into an accelerated Korean I class...but things turned out OK! By the end of the course, my beginning Korean knowledge increased by 100%! My Chinese politics class was quite difficult because of the subject. So much dry reading that went on and on and on! But by the end of the semester, I was able to finish a final research paper, presentation, and written final exam on the topics covered in class. I feel much more aware of contemporary issues in East Asia after this course with Dr. Sei Jeong Chin. Religions in Modern Korea was an interesting class, but I don't recommend this course because the exams were fill-in-the-blank...a.k.a., an easy class to fail if you're not studious. My favorite course was called "Everyday Cultures in Modern Korea" with Dr. Sang Ho Ro. His lectures were quite interesting and he was a funny professor.



Aside from my coursework, I learned a great deal about myself and my wonderful country through experiencing life in fabulous Seoul! I also never imagined I could meet so many genuinely kind, brilliant, and amazing individuals - both Korean citizens and fellow international students - through studying abroad in Asia. This very special opportunity to spend time abroad has changed me as a person: it has allowed me to participate in a different culture than my own, it has enabled me to expand and strengthen my views on social and political issues, and it has given me an opportunity to live life as a global citizen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment