Saturday, August 23, 2014

Last Week in the Peach State

Leave a Comment
This past week has been crazy! I have been so busy driving around town doing various errands in preparation for my fast approaching adventure in Seoul! After all the applications, phone calls, time, and miles, I can't believe the day really almost here.

On Monday, I drove to the Peachtree Center in downtown Atlanta to pick up my Korean Visa from the office of the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea. My sister joined me on the errand, and so it was a fun and pleasant outing. Basically, we went in, got the visa, and left in about 10 minutes (though I had previously submitted my visa paperwork in person a week earlier).

Peachtree Center - International Boulevard, Atlanta

As we were already downtown, we decided to stop by one of my favorite cafes, Cafe Intermezzo, in Midtown. I got the "Cafe Mozart," and we also had a delicious cheese spread appetizer. It will be the last time I eat at Cafe Intermezzo for many months...

Cafe Mozart at Cafe Intermezzo
This week, I also went to pick up my contacts from the eye doctor, and I also went to my bank. I was even able to convert some cash to Korean won. $1 (US dollar) is about 1,000 (Korean won). The money is so colorful compared to American money!

I've been finishing up packing this week as well. Trying to meet the linear requirements for the luggage can be difficult. It was very hard to find a violin case that fit the Korean Air carry on requirements. I don't know how professional musicians travel with such expensive instruments. :\ Roundtrip price for a cello? Almost $800!

Amongst all the preparations for the trip, I am trying to enjoy the last days with my family. It's weird to think I'll be in another country for so long!

0 comments:

Post a Comment